Seeing how everyone comes together to make Western New York a better place to live solidified just why I desire to work with Make-A-Wish and I couldn’t be more honored to be an ambassador.
Want to Know More? Q&A
1) If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say? I've lived by this motto: “Do it for the story.” It doesn't just apply to doing what it takes to get a news story, but it also applies to things in your life you may be scared to do. If it goes well or if it blows up in your face, you have a fantastic story to share with your friends, family and maybe even a stranger.
2) Who in your life has influenced you the most? My parents by far have been the most influential people in my life. I couldn't be any more proud of them working through so much to provide everything for my brother and I. I'm a first generation American born citizen and I've learned so much about the importance of hard work and striving for something better than the hardships my parents have endured.
3) Name a dessert that describes you best. I have a huge sweet tooth and I love to bake! I think the treat that describes me best is a salted chocolate chip cookie - a little crispy on the edges and soft in the middle. I'm really honest, which could be a good or a bad thing, but once you get to know me you'll find out I'm a secret mush ball.
4) Summer, fall, winter or spring and why? I love fall! It gets cool enough for scarves, there is hot chocolate and it's the season for warm, cinnamon baked goods. The leaves change color, Thanksgiving...there's a lot to love.
5) What is one of the scariest experiences you have ever had? Moving to California for my first "real world" job. I knew no one in town, and I was thousands of miles from home. I missed all of my college friends and it was time to put all learned skills to the test. It helped me grow so much and learn to be so much more independent.
6) Which celebrity would you chose to go on a coffee date with? I would love to have coffee with James Corden in a car. We'd play Carpool Karaoke - though no one wants to hear me sing...ever!
7) If you could open your own business, would you and what would it be? I would LOVE to open a little restaurant of some sort. I've always had a passion for cooking and I've been told I'm pretty good at it. There's something to be said about sharing good food with good friends.
8) Which qualities do you admire in someone? My friends are some of the funniest, honest, easygoing and most loyal people I know. I love people who aren't afraid to have fun, tell the truth and be there when you need them.
9) Favorite food? I really, really like burgers, and a side of fries – sweet potato, curly, waffle, you name it.
10) Why is Make-A-Wish important to you? Make-A-Wish shows just how well a community can come together to help children who truly deserve it. It shows the goodness in people and we all need a bit of hope, strength and joy sometimes.