Who Can Volunteer?
To volunteer as a Wish Granting volunteer, you must be at least 21 years old. To volunteer with us in all other valuable areas such as fundraising, special events, outreach or administration, you must be 18 years of age.
How to Become a Make-A-Wish Volunteer
1. Complete the online Volunteer Application and Conflict of Interest Statement
2. View the online Volunteer Orientation
3. Participate in a volunteer phone interview
4. Complete a criminal background check
5. Sign up for a role specific training on WishNet
All information in the application, as well as anything acquired through the background check will remain confidential and will only be used for screening and placement purposes.
If you have any further questions, please call our Volunteer Resources department at 716-810-9474, ext 130.